Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday stuff

click HERE for a great video of AA in the UK

Every day I receive inspirational phrases in my email.
Here's a collection for you to peruse for today...

OVERCOMING OBSTACLES

"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant."
-- Horace
"The abundant life does not come to those who have had a lot of obstacles removed from their path by others. It develops from within and is rooted in strong mental and moral fiber."
-- William Mather Lewis
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
-- Charlotte Bronte
"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."
-- Maya Angelou

5 comments:

Scott W said...

I think I have never used 'lain' in a sentence before.

Mary Christine said...

I am weeping from watching that video. I think (even though they have those brit accents) it is the best, most simple, and moving, explanation of the disease and AA I have ever seen, and I intend to put it on my blog.

Thanks Daave for your always brilliant research!

YamadogGirl said...

Thanks Dave!

No matter where we go in the world, there are always alcoholics, and we can always find a meeting. How awesome is this program, that it has spread so far and wide, and helped so many.

Love,
Kimberly

sojo said...

Thank you Dave, for the link. Great AA video.

Pammie said...

Love it !!!
And...for your comment in my blog shhhhh-he's older than my husband..