Monday, April 26, 2010

"I feel free"

A few of the beauties at a Buick Club picnic yesterday.













todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the Lois Wilson Story last night on the telly; I thought it was really more about Bill, but I enjoyed it

for the passing of another Lambda Center birthday night

that I got to see a friend who moved away about 3 years ago; he's in Houston visiting for a few days from Hawaii

that we have a spare bedroom that another ex-Lambda friend will be using for 2 days while visiting here from NYC

that I get to visit with my therapist today - we haven't talked in over 3 months (because I have not really needed it). Today, we'll just do a life update.


In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends.
- John Churton Collins


7 comments:

steveroni said...

Movie: All the women waiting in their lined-up cars, waiting for their alcoholic men.

Back when, we did lots of "carrying the bodies" to AA meetings. Now we buy them a bike. I liked the other way better

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

great cars!

Have an awesome week!

Mary Christine said...

I thought that movie was more about Bill too, and I was disappointed by that.

Syd said...

I thought the movie showed how much his alcoholism affected her. It was about her IMO because she was driving herself crazy around his drinking. That's the Al-Anon who isn't in recovery. The recitation of the 12 steps was moving.

Mike Golch said...

Way back when cars were built to last.

Zanejabbers said...

In 1959 my Mother had a 1956 Buick Super that was the same color as the shown '56 Roadmaster Convertible. The 1973 Buick convertible looks like a Centurion. I had a '73 Buick Centurion 455 two door with black interior. I bought it at the height of the first gas crisis in j1974, it was new, listed at 6100.00 and I paid 3900.00 for it. Loved that car. Had it for 10 years.
I also saw the Lois Wilson Story. To me there was more AA than Al-anon. Emjpyued it though.

Anonymous said...

Loved the scene when the women marched in past the men and they all stopped to look.