Saturday, April 10, 2010

... pick up your shovel

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel " pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the promised land".
Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the promised land".
Now Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of camels, and mortgaged the promised land!
Furthermore, I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, No mail delivery on Saturdays in 2011 and etc... I called Lifeline, the suicide help line.
Got a freakin' call center in Pakistan .
I told them I was suicidal.
They all got excited and asked if I could drive a truck...

10 comments:

Garykfc said...

Very funny. Have a good weekend.

Mary Christine said...

I was going to say "we're doomed!" but then I saw your admonishment to be gentle. So, I don't really know how to say it in a gentle way. So, Good Morning David.

Scott M. Frey said...

lol that's a funny, yet not far enuff away from the truth to be REALLY funny post lol

good morning and thanks for the smile dAAve!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

LOL VERY funny! Have an awesome dAAy!!!

Ed G. said...

I can (and do) drive a truck. Will you save me a parking space?

Blessings and aloha...

lucky1964 said...

So funny. Had to read it to my husband and we both had a good belly laugh. You make a point and put a good slant on it! Thank YOU.

Carverlane said...

Hey dAAve...do you know Celso from San Antonio Lambda? (aka Crystal Vapors) I was with him this weekend at an AA event. He goes to the Houston shows, but "there are a lot of Daves!".

Kim from sAn Antonio

mitch said...

Bo ho ho cry baby. Yes We Can. Go to Canada.

Val said...

Gentle? This post is not gentle and not funny.

Richard Carroll Sheehan said...

Not gentle, not funny, not true,
not helpful.