Tuesday, August 17, 2010

doormat, no more

my favorite doormat!!!


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my recovery seems to be a life of lesser addictions; some new, some are just now blossoming

that I hope to never finish working the steps

that I haven't missed any of my regular AA meetings since I've been on bronchitis medication -- however, it's really difficult to stay awake and I've gone home and slept after a few of those meetings

that it will be really nice to get back to the gym -- I think I'm gonna have to wait another day or two though


If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?
- Confucius

4 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

ahh bronchitis in Houston at the height of summer... what more can a guy ask for?

I hope this illness leaves you quickly, been there done that, bought the tee shirt, not fun!

Having to drink your air while outside makes that especially nice, huh?

Syd said...

I hope that you feel better and get back to the gym when you are well. Take good care Dave.

Bill said...

Feel better soon...that's an order.
It's good to have a medical reason for nodding off during meetings.

drybottomgirl said...

Sounds like your on the "upside" of your illness which is promising. I am grateful for AA too, and I hope to never finish the steps as well. They keep you grounded, they let me understand me and that's awesome!