Friday, October 02, 2009

music, smiles, traditions




I am a fan of calypso music, made famous in the USA by Harry Belafonte (click here). If you have time, watch some of his other performances highlighted on the right column of YouTube.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I get 3 doses of AA today; it's something I choose to do

that it's rarely painful to walk with a smile on my face

that the only requirement for membership in Alcoholics Anonymous is a desire to stop drinking (fortunately, it doesn't say for how long)

for the early experiences of sober members of AA and that they didn't give up

for a little better understanding that my episodes of intolerance are because of a fear I am experiencing

for the cool temperature brought to us this morning with a powerful weather front


Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
- Kahlil Gibran

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dAAve is awesome!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Wa oh wah oh oh wah oh wah oh wahhhheee

Sitting by de ocean, me heart she feels so sad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5ivCfZ_cw

In other words.... I'm a fan too!

Scott W said...

I loved waking this morning when it was storming then falling back asleep. I do that sometimes.

Syd said...

Doses of program are good. And the rain this morning made me want to sleep and not get up. Enjoy your Friday.

Mary Christine said...

I enjoy the sweet responsibility of being your friend. xxxooo

Scott M. Frey said...

I love Nat... my fave crooner!