Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I really identify ...




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for these excerpts from one of the stories in the Big Book ...

... I tried to hide my drinking by going places where I was unlikely to see anyone I knew.
... I made excuses for trips in order to drink without restraint.
... the creeping up of the frequency and quantity of alcohol and what it does to a person is apparent to eveyone but the person involved.
... never having enough, always craving more
... Drink planning became more important than any other plans.
... Not knowing where I had been or how I got home was making me desperate.
... Resenting anyone and everyone who might interfere with my personal plans and ways of doing things -- especially for any interference with my drinking.

This is all from just one page of the book. I totally identify with it all.

Damn!

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
- Raymond Lindquist

5 comments:

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Yup it really does all sound so familiar. :) Glad we have something in common, it seems we can build on that over time :)

JeremyRT said...

checked all those boxes.

Love the quote

Bruce said...

It might have been worse...

:)

Mary Christine said...

Thank God it has been a long time since I have felt those ways. And you too!

Syd said...

I am glad that you are where you are now as opposed to where you were then.