Friday, October 29, 2010

Step 7



I'll post some great! photos of Halloween pumpkins this weekend. Drop by and see 'em.



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for those days when I remember to actively practice Steps 6 & 7. We read and discussed Step 7 yesterday. Here's a few of my favorite parts ......

... the attainment of greater humility is the foundation principle of each of A.A.'s Twelve Steps. for without some degree of humility, no alcoholic can stay sober at all.

... never was there enough of what we thought we wanted

... we never thought of making honesty, tolerance, and true love of man and God the daily basis of living.

... The chief activator of our defects has been self-centered fear, primarily fear that we would lose something we already possessed or would fail to get something we demanded.

the quote below. My kind of humor.

In order to fly, all one must do is simply miss the ground.
- Douglas Adams


4 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

Douglas Adams is brilliant! Love the pics... And, I love Step 7! Lots of love from Scott this morning!

Mary Christine said...

How does one "miss the ground?"

Bruce said...

Great post! I needed to hear this today. Thanks dAAve :)

Syd said...

Self-centered fear is something that I have seen up close and personal many times. Not a really pretty thing.