Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Today's words are very filtered.




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to remember how life once was and know that I never have to go there again!

that I had enough conviction to NOT be a doormat; it wasn't pretty, but I got my point across (but damn, I hate confrontations)

that I got to chair some noon AA meetings in May and I really enjoyed the responses during the discussions we had

that I have respect for most people, until they show me I shouldn't



Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama


3 comments:

Syd said...

Totally with you on the respect thing and the confrontations. I have the right to retract respect at any time.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Today I do relate to this completely! It was a rough weekend, but the week and the recovery that has come, has really started to smooth out the edges and show me a much bigger and more powerful experience with God (the ole HP)

Mary Christine said...

It's funny how respect can be lost in an instant.