Monday, March 05, 2012

as life continues .......



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a most peaceful weekend -- no drama at all in my life

for those moments in life that are defining.  For me, a few are (1) the assassination of JFK when I was 9 years old (2) the first moon landing in 1969 when I was 15 (3) when I graduated from college at age 22 (4) when I first stepped foot in the UK in 1989.  Something inside of me told me I was finally home.  (5) when I met Hayden, my partner, in 2002  (6) when I got sober in 2003

I could write a lot about each of those experiences, but I won't.  What are yours?


Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose.
There are no mistakes, no coincidences,
all events are blessings given to us to learn from.

- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

4 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I share a couple of those with you. Only I was a couple of years older :-(

My kids and grandkids births are way up there.

Syd said...

Good defining stuff. Here are mine:
1. College and enlightenment
2. Learning that I am a liberal in heart and head.
3. Meeting my wife
4. Marriage and all that it entails
5. Recovery and all that it entails
6. Getting a job in my chosen field
7. Leaving my job after many years
8. Buying my first sailboat

Furtheron said...

The moon landings - I was about 8 at the first one

Seeing Jimi Hendrix on the Lulu show in 1969!

Getting my first guitar in 1974

1981 - good year for my musically and I met my to be wife and started at college
1984 - my dad dying
1985 - marriage
1990 - son born
1995 - daughter born
2001 - September 11th - being in NYC that day and subsequent days
2003 - trying to stop drinking
2004 - getting sober
2006 - Mum dying
2009 - first ever solo and sober performance
2011 - my first CD produced

Debbi said...

My dad asked me about my defining moments the day before he died. He was surprised, but quickly understood, when I said it was the day I got sober. I would have none of the things I have now, and would have lost all that I'd had before, had it not been for that one life-changing decision. Thank you, God.