Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bill's Story



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that we read Bill's Story yesterday.  Here's a few passages that I identify with .....

"My drinking assumed more serious proportions, continuing all day and almost every night." (that was me!)

"Mercifully, no one could guess that I was to have no real employment for five years, or hardly draw a sober breath."  (that was me!)

"The remorse, horror and hopelessness of the next morning are unforgettable.  The courage to do battle was not there.  My brain raced uncontrollably and there was a terrible sense of impending calamity."  (sounds like my bottom!)


Courage doesn't always roar.

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day, saying,
"I will try again tomorrow."
- Mary Anne Radmacher

3 comments:

Pammie said...

I loved everything in this post.

Anonymous said...

Remorse, horror and hopelessness -- oh yes.

Dave I struggle to post here, but I read you.

Syd said...

Love the quote and that you are in a better place than you were when you were drinking. So much to be grateful for!