Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's such hard work to be an alcoholic.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a better understanding of "love and tolerance" and "to practice theses principles in ALL our affairs".  My basic instinct is to be right and to make you suffer because I'm right.  But of course, I'm the one who suffers when I do this.  That's because I'm letting someone steal my peace.  My serenity. 

that I don't spend hours and hours thinking of how I'm going to get something specific done without interfering with my drinking time

that by simply being an honest person removes all the different stories I have to remember to so many different people


A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. 
~Douglas Pagels

2 comments:

Syd said...

I had an experience with a friend who wants to be right all the time and puts the blame on others. He must have a difficult time with his serenity. I do my best to let him be and not let it interfere with mine.

Anonymous said...

It is so much easier to be sober.