Tuesday, August 14, 2007

being accountable


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for moderation, in all its forms

that my sponsor's mother is finally in a better place; she died yesterday after a long battle with cancer

for the concept of living amends and the ways I can use it every day, when I choose to do so

that I can catch myself beginning some dangerous thinking and pretty much stop it OR as Barney Fife once said, "Nip it in the bud." This is one way I go into isolation. One errant or bad thought, then my brain takes that and magnifies that thought.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Gee, I can hear Barney now "Nip it! Nip it in the bud!" I am glad there is someone else who has many of the same cultural references...

Trudging said...

I remember that episode. But, then again I have seen every episode 18 or 20 times.

I am glad your sponsor's mom is in a better place.

Scott W said...

Prayers sent for Robert's mother.

You can try to remove that dangerous thinking with Bon Ami.

Anonymous said...

it was good to see you yesterday!

Redhead Gal said...

Emerson was a smart man...

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,
My thoughts are with your Sponsor. Even when expected, death is never easy. A Blessing that she's not suffering any more however.

I got caught up in one train of thought last night. I fee sheepish about it this morning.

I will guard against that happening again by remembering that we are all right where we are supposed to be.

And, there are no big deals.

And, be patient, kind and loving regarding all that takes place in an AA meeting.

Love to you, dAAve

Shannon said...

WOW Barney Fife! LOL a loooong loooong time ago hee hee me and my dad used to watch it.. I was like 3 of course and couldnt tell you what it was about, but I remember Barney's mustache LOL

I am glad to nip things in the bud too before my magic magnifying mind takes over ahhaha
Have a super groovy day daave!

Shannon said...

me again, wanted to leave one more comment

I am sorry to hear about your sponsor's mom, but I am glad she is in heaven and at peace. WIll send good thoughts to you, your sponsor and his family (((HUGS)))

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

lol..here is BC , bud has an entirely different meaning!

I love that mini stretch limo :)

FInding peace after a battle like cancer resonates with the entire family.My thoughts are with your sponsor xo

Meg Moran said...

I'm gonna dump that creeping old nonsense right now, thanks dAAve

Unknown said...

My thinking can get pretty wacky at times. I have to be vigilant. I come from a long line of crazy ya know.

Happy Tuesday dAAve~

Hugs,
G~

Thomas Kirk said...

I absolutely love the car....something I feel like I could fit in if I were able to move the driver seat back.....allllllllllllllllll the way back!!!

Namenlosen Trinker said...

My condolences to your sponsor on the loss of his mother. May she rest in peace!