Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Peace & Quiet



WARNING: you may find some of the language on this video offensive familiar

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a very peaceful day yesterday; I needed one

that I can sit quietly in an AA meeting and find serenity even when the people talking may have none

for the role in my life that moments of prayer have become

for the days that I don't beat myself over the head every time I make a mistake; this has always been one of my favorite destructive hobbies

for lots of progress on the home front (relationship stuff, ya know)

that Castro finally resigned his office

Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
-Socrates

12 comments:

Pammie said...

hee hee, I love the 2nd line "that I can sit quietly in an AA meeting and find serenity even when the people talking may have none."
That took me a long time to come by!
I'm glad you had a good peaceful day....it was your turn.

Pammie said...

Hey, I just went back and watched the video.......LOL...loved it!

Scott W said...

I have never fucking heard of Tim fucking Wilson, but he is fucking funny!

Mary Christine said...

I'm glad I am not Tim Wilson today.

Anonymous said...

good to see you this morning, my friend.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

If you were a breakfast cereal Dave - I would so have your box on the table every day!But instead,
I read here every morning when I can and it feels like a healthy way to start my day:)
I sense your peace and I appreciate all that you share with us Dave..xo

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

yes, I am still smoke-free. This is good, so is peaceful.

Love you.

Zanejabbers said...

Ah, another song to learn. HEE HEE

Todd HellsKitchen said...

You make mistakes?? You?

Syd said...

Relationships are difficult but also necessary and worth the hassle.

Mike said...

Ok so now I willl comment, and then go watch the video.

Mike

Anonymous said...

where's your new post, daave?