Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hurdles



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

tha the wreckage I may create in my life today is mostly negligible and avoidable but always fixable

for a string of really good days (inside my head) interrupted only by a few hours of slight depression

that it behooves me to not regret the past nor do I wish to shut the door on it; I only need remember those last days of my drinking and that is enough to forever keep me sober in conjuction with the program of A.A.

that I am more flexible than ever, both spiritually, emotionally and physically (well, to tell the truth, I was more flexible physically when I was 18 years old)

Each handicap is like a hurdle in a steeplechase, and when you ride up to it, if you throw your heart over, the horse will go along, too.
-Lawrence Bixby

8 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I don't understand that quote at all. But I guess I will try throwing my heart into my day and maybe my body will follow?

Scott W said...

Behoove is one of those words that sound like the opposite of what it actually means.

Pammie said...

Behoove is one of Mamas favorite words...have y'all been talking?
Dave...I was up for 2 whole hours this morning before I thought about a cigarette :)

Syd said...

I'm just glad that you are here. I think that the past doesn't have a hold on me like it used to. I'm learning more and more how to just live in the present.

Bill said...

"Behoove" works well with the horsie simile.
I used to make myself sick thinking about the past. AA has helped me look at my past objectively, find destructive patterns, and move on with a better way of doing things.
Thanks for the quotation. I feel behoofed.

Zanejabbers said...

Alternatives, yeah, that's what its about. Behoove the alternatives? Behoove sounds like COW put your shoes on.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

..Behooves?...I've not heard of that one before - but I believe it behooves me to know that word..?!
LOL

(yep..I had to look it up in a dictionary first..)

Being flexible is a good thing..
You can fit into small spaces..lol
(just kidding)
I love that you are were you are at in your life Dave because it makes for an inspiring and fun read here at your blog :)

xo

molly said...

flexibility is HIGHLY OVER-RATED (physical flexibility that is)..

behooves - so when it is one, does that make it a behoof? and therefore, more than, makes it behooves?? (sorry - i'm delirious.. to many time zone differences and craziness of late). have a great rest of the day wherever u r!