Friday, July 04, 2008

Independence



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that we are a free country, no matter what the media tries to tell us

that in my recovery, I've learned to merge my need for independence with my need to be a part of society

for a really interesting meeting yesterday where we discussed the concept of humility; something I am only now beginning to grab hold of

that our house is just about finished, mainly some touch up work to do

that I have no desire to whoop it up for the holiday weekend

that I got my '67 T-bird out of the shop for the weekend -- they still have work to do on the air conditioner, but I will suffer without it for a few days

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.
-James Dent

7 comments:

Bill said...

Is that a photograph of a motorcycle blowing up, or has the two-wheel calamity theme run its course?

I'm glad you're part of society, Dave, and maintain this website. It's part of my daily routine. Thanks!

I hope everything will run smoothly with the new home and the vintage car.

Mary Christine said...

Happy Independence Day to you!

Scott W said...

Happy 4TH, David!

Please don't ask me to mow the lawn.

Trudging said...

Happy 4th brother. Can I ride in your T Bird sometime?

♥Shann♥ said...

Happy 4th!!! Glad to hear your house is almost done YAY

Scott said...

happy 4th of July my friend!

recoveryroad said...

Humility. Ahem. Working on it.

67? I was born in 1867 and I need to go to the 'shop'. Lmao.

Hope you're well today. It's Pride here today, so took a pic of OCS in Soho for you.