Thursday, July 17, 2008

occasional italics

I rear-ended a car this morning.
So, there we were alongside the road and slowly the other driver got out of his car.


You know how sometimes you just get soooo stressed and little things just seem funny?

Yeah, well I couldn't believe it.... he was a dwarf!
He stormed over to my car, looked up at me, and shouted, 'I AM NOT HAPPY!!!'

So, I looked down at him and said, 'Well, then which one are you?'

note: no, I didn't have an accident; this was a joke


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the small-ish group of regulars who attend the 6:30am AA meeting at Lambda; we have become very close

that I'll never be a saint (not by any stretch of the imagination)

that my ego is not so large that I think I can speak for you; I was watching a man on the "news" who was talking about how Americans feel this and feel that, would never do this or do that, etc...
Who the hell does he think he is?

that our TV's are all connected now and the broadband is operating smoothly; I was having to take my laptop to Lambda and Starbucks to get online


Values are like fingerprints. Nobody's are the same, but you leave 'em all over everything you do.
-Elvis Presley

7 comments:

My adventures said...

I'm sooooo going to use that joke, but at dinner when everyone's mouth is full! That's hysterical!

Scott W said...

So how close is very close?

Shannon said...

Elvis said that??? I just love the KING

and that joke was freakin halarious and it sounds like something you would say ahahahha

Pammie said...

It drives me crazy too when people on the news act like they know what I think. As a matter of fact it is usually the oposite.
Starbucks and Lambda....pretty nice places to sit and compute.

Zanejabbers said...

Here I was just cringing at the vision of the front of your car being smahed and you damned near made me wet my pants. that was a real LOL. I love the Elvis quote.

Syd said...

It is a serenity breaker for someone to tell me what to think or to take my inventory. I understand that frustration totally.

Bill said...

Thang Cue. I hang on every word Elvis uttered.