Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1 11 11



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a wonderful 1st step meeting when we had a newcomer (first AA meeting) at the 6:30am meeting yesterday. We rarely have a first-timer that early in the morning.

that I can remember to tell a newcomer to return for a second meeting; I think that's the most important meeting they may ever attend.

for a seemingly increasing clarity of thinking

that I have no desire to be popular, but I do like for people to like me


Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.



4 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

I like you dAAve! And, I can relate... I want folks to like me too lol. Happy 1/1/11!

Anonymous said...

I like you Dave, I really really like you!

I'm always surprised when anyone likes me. It reminds me how unlikeable I still find myself.

A numerologically exciting day.

Syd said...

I like to be liked. Thanks for the chili recipe. I like that you sent that. You are a GOOD fellow.

JeremyRT said...

Thanks Dave, I <3 that MLK Jr. quote - so perfectly what I need to hear today!