Wednesday, May 04, 2011

a different slant


There. It's fixed.



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful


for another gentle reminder that I'm not getting any younger; intellectually of course, I know this. But sometimes I need physical evidence and usually my HP is more than willing to provide that evidence. Damnit.

that we read Bill's Story yesterday morning. A timeless piece of writing. If you have not read it in the past, let's say 6 months, pick up your book and read it again. It's even better if you read outloud in a group of more than one. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don'tworryboutit.

that awareness of my flaws really cuts down on my denial of them

for my sponsee who get it. I am working with some guys who are willing to do whatever it takes and it's a real pleasure to know them and watch them.


The key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness. - Dalai Lama

4 comments:

Pammie said...

There's nothing like a willing sponsee to keep me grounded!
Getting older (body-wise) sucks like a big dog.

Syd said...

Yes, I was reminded of that as well after the long sail back home. But getting older beats the alternative.

Mary Christine said...

It always amazes me that age has attacked a nice person like me!

And a willing sponsee is worth their weight in gold.

Anonymous said...

When faced witht the thought of not getting any younger, I fight back with the belief I can still conquer climbing stairs without a cane or crutch or better yet, an elevator.
Tammy