Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday morning


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I have friends who show me better ways to live than I could ever think of myself

for the people I get to meet and know in recovery; from all walks of life and they fit just about every description

that I stopped taking amphetamines by the time I was 20.  I actually knew that if I were to continue, I'd be in big trouble.  It never occurred to me that drinking alcohol (the way I drank it) might cause some problems too.

that I got to be in the Astros dugout and locker room for a few moments on Saturday (of course, it's the offseason and none of the players were around.  But still....)

Do not pray for an easier life.
Pray to be a stronger person.
- John F. Kennedy (paraphrase)

3 comments:

Trailboss said...

How funny!

Mary Christine said...

I love those kitties - they may have a point.

Syd said...

LOL on the cats. Glad that you gave up the drugs and the booze. Life is much better just experiencing it naturally.