Tuesday, December 13, 2011

No secrets, please


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for Step 5 of the A.A. program. 
It became my first experience in being able to trust someone with my little secrets.

that I continue to go through the motions of my everyday routines even though I am still mentally and/or emotionally sick.  I know it's temporary but it's mighty uncomfortable while it's happening.  There must be a reason.  I have shared at my home group, but haven't talked to my sponsor about it.  Why not?  My mind tells me that no one wants to hear about my petty emotional problems so I need to just ride it out.  There's nothing I can tell him that I haven't told him before.

for in-my-face reminders about how appreciative I need to be about my more-than-adequate health

that just about everything works out the way it should

Strength does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will.
- Mohandas Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi)

3 comments:

Pammie said...

Nothing is little when it's happening to us.
Wishing you a good day.

Mary Christine said...

I hope you go talk to your sponsor. I don't think any emotional problems are petty. You are not one for histrionics. You are a grateful guy. xoxox

Syd said...

Dave, I too hope that you will share with your sponsor. I feel better when I tell my troubles to a trusted person who knows me like no other. Take care.