Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Perspective

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

thta I can remain out of the argument over what materials are proper to use in an AA meeting because I know what's right, but choose to remain happy

for my morning prayer that reconnects me each day with my Higher Power (3 years ago, if you had told me I would be saying this, I would have told you to go to hell)

that I have made the necessary preparations to participate in Houston Roundup 2006

that I am one lucky SOB to still be HIV negative

that I sucked up and actually attended a homeowner's association meeting (I have been boycotting them for months)

that I must be the only person who actually likes Christmas music -- I am soooo unique (apparently)

that Steph at soberInsanity is approaching her One Year Clean & Sober Anniversary

Climb up on some hill at sunrise. Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you'll find it there.
-Robb Sagendorph

12 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I actually like Christmas music too. That makes two of us!

Redhead Gal said...

I like Christmas music too, for the first two weeks of December.

I'm really glad you are HIV negative, dAAve.

Pam said...

Ya know, you said exactly what I needed this morning.thanks
"Joy to the World" (sang loudly, swaying back and forth)

Scott W said...

If I only heard Christmas music here and there a couple weeks before the actual holiday that wouldn't be so bad. Hearing it for 6 weeks prior makes me frustrated. I like the stuff that reminds me of my childhood, but the new stuff is hooey.

A Tampa Realtor said...

I love Christmas songs!

Sober Chick said...

What is Christmas????

:)

Meg Moran said...

hooey? que es hooey?

Anonymous said...

I like Christmas songs , too... ON CHRISTMAS!

Meanwhile, congrats on your Solidarity Award!

lash505 said...

I would I hit you first and then said F*#k off.

Tab said...

lol@Lash.

Daave if you like Christmas music you can always leave Gwens blog running on your computer and crank the speakers..I think I will do that for our Christmas party..at Christmas time...which up here is in December..LOL...but in the worlds of both Gwenster and Sober chickster..it is in full swing! lol

You are lucky in many ways my friend ... I can relate.

Thanks for sharing:)

Shannon said...

I really admire that you choose to be happy instead of argue! I really like Christmas music, but the old kind, like Bing Crosby... :) Oh and the chipmunks make me smile :)

Scott W said...

hooey is a more polite form of crap