Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Taking a breath...


Wall art in Amsterdam.
todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the 7 t's --- Take Time To Think Things Through Thoroughly

for lots of recovery discussion with friends who also attended the Roundup last weekend

for the Freedoms offered me by acceptance of Step One


for renewing my committment (to myself) to re-start my morning workouts -- for me, this requires more sheer willpower than stopping drinking and smoking ever did (they only required willingness)

that I am walking around in shorts and Crocs at the end of November

that I heard this a few days ago --- if you can't be Grateful for what you have now, what makes you think you'd be happy with more?

When a person doesn't have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. A person can almost be defined by his or her attitude toward gratitude.
-Elie Wiesel

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 7 T's huh??

Like the 70's??

I'll betyou weren't thinking things through too thoroughly in the 1970's... were you, son??

Love the Amsterdam picture!

Now get going to the gym!...

Good for you!

Redhead Gal said...

Sheesh, will people get over themselves about things like the peace sign!!!

Good luck with the exercise program. I've been telling myself to get up early for months now...I know you will do better than me.

Pammie said...

I always love your morning quotes !
I think exercising is bad for your guts.....ya know, sloshing them around inside and such. I'm sticking with that belief :)

Mary Christine said...

I don't think anyone ever likes STARTING to exercise. But once it becomes a habit, it is a wonderful one.

JJ said...

I am grateful.
JJ

Scott W said...

...today?

Shannon said...

I am so with you on making exercise a part of your daily routine being so hard! MAN LOL and Scott... TODAY

Unknown said...

I call it "Think Twice"

Anonymous said...

I much rather see painted walls as such than gang grafitti. Oh well, powerless over other's actions.