Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I am learning







todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a very powerful noon meeting yesterday -- a good friend lost him Mom after her long battle with Alzheimer's; he shared about his loss which prompted many shares about those who are at various stages of losing a parent to illness, so the meeting was essentially about grief and how to handle it

that we will see how our experience will benefit others

that I can often be of help to others just by being present

that I actually remembered to do the next right thing that I'd rather be happy than right and avoided a big argument difference of opinion


It's never crowded along the extra mile.
-Wayne Dyer

10 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Good Morning Daave. Glad you are avoiding differences of opinion - I think.

Anonymous said...

very funny palin pic.

My adventures said...

Can one not be happy and right? I'm not sure I get that one.

Scott W said...

That was a particularly poignant meeting yesterday. The circle of life is truly mysterious.

Shannon said...

yep, I have to remind myself of that one too... do I want to be happy? or "right"?

Merry Christmas!

Shannon said...

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨★
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨**
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*o*
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*♥*o*
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨***o***
¨¨¨¨¨¨**o**♥*o*
¨¨¨¨¨**♥**o**o**
¨¨¨¨**o**♥***♥*o*
¨¨¨*****♥*o**o****
¨¨**♥**o*****o**♥**
¨******o*****♥**o***
****o***♥**o***o***♥*
¨¨¨¨¨____!_!____
¨¨¨¨¨.._________/¨¨¨

Syd said...

We have a good book in Al-Anon called Opening Our Hearts, Transforming our Losses. It addresses all kinds of grief.

Have a good day.

Bill said...

The ones who have gone before us are having a Merry Christmas. We have to work a little harder for ours.

peanut said...

Have a Merry Christmas, dAAve !

I love you !

Be seeing more of you this coming year.

I also would rather be happy than right - whatever "right" is ???

Lou said...

I'm a little late, but I'm in a different time zone..have a good Holiday.

I'm remembering that picture you posted of you & your Mom. Someday I will have a similiar picture with my sober son, and the same contented look your mother has.