Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Continued to take personal inventory ...



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I need to just give up and give it all away!

for time spent working the steps with others.  With my "sponsees" we read from both the Big Book and the 12/12.  As we progress through each paragraph, either or both of us can interject anything we feel the need to add or talk about.  I find this immensely satisfying and I hope that the other person gets as much from it as I do.  The more I can share about my life expeiriences with whatever step we are discussing, the more aware of myself I become.  Amazing stuff. 

that I live in one of the largest cities in the USA but only drive about 500 miles each month

Simply do your best, and you will avoid
self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
- don Miguel Angel Ruiz


2 comments:

Syd said...

I enjoy going to open AA meetings where the Big Book is discussed. I get a lot out of the shares and the readings.

Mary Christine said...

I have been amazed at the hidden tidbits of the book I find when I read it with another alcoholic. This is good stuff indeed!