Tuesday, August 16, 2011

some reality





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for Bill W's definition of humility which is found on page 58 of the book, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions.

"To those who have made progress in A.A., it amounts to a clear recognition of what and who we really are, followed by a sincere attempt to become what we could be."


I use this as a guide to daily living. And it seems that the more I learn about myself, the more work I have to do to become whom I should be. Unless I'm mistaken, this is going to last a lifetime.

that I attended the graduation of a friend last night. He has been in IOP (intensive outpatient) treatment for alcoholism and volunteered for this program after a number of relapses. He's a member of my early morning home group and we were there in force to support him. I am really proud of him. Especially for someone who is only 30 years old.

for my Higher Power, without which I would not be here writing this to you


Hate is never conquered by hate,
Hate is only conquered by love.
- The Buddha

3 comments:

steveroni said...

Like the Buddha quote--and your gratitude.

Mary Christine said...

What a wonderful thing to read, first thing in the morning.

Syd said...

A guide to daily living is what I sought and by God's grace, found.