Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm learning more about me




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a good Al Anon meeting concerning the topic of asking for help.
I was raised in a family where I was allowed to be very independent. As a person with "ism" which later became alcoholism, I used that independence to my advantage (or so I thought). The end result is that I have always had difficulty asking for help. Meetings like last night help me to become more aware of my shortcomings and thus I can do something about it.

that some people actually ask me to help them. I try to just offer my experience. Anything else is usually my ego talking.

for the people I meet along the way; they provide my environment. I can choose to learn and live or I can ignore them/it and remain stagnant.


You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.
- Eleanor Roosevelt



5 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Asking for help is good. :-)

Syd said...

I had to learn to ask for help too. Now I ask for what I need. And it is freely given.

Dallas said...

If you are looking for info on alcohol detox centers then you need to do research and find the one that works for you. Thanks for the post.

SOBERBOOK said...

SoberBook.com is a safe, anonymous place where ALL people can tell their stories without having to attach a name or face to the words. It is here that you will see chapters about finding recovery, overcoming obstacles, mending relationships, achieving happiness, following dreams, and much more. The goal for SoberBook.com is to create a community of support, camaraderie, and hope for the future.

SOBERBOOK said...

SoberBook.com is a safe, anonymous place where ALL people can tell their stories without having to attach a name or face to the words. It is here that you will see chapters about finding recovery, overcoming obstacles, mending relationships, achieving happiness, following dreams, and much more. The goal for SoberBook.com is to create a community of support, camaraderie, and hope for the future.