Tuesday, January 10, 2012

8 & 9


1956 Cadillac convertible



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the really good AA meeting yesterday about steps 8 & 9.   It occurred to me that before I can make a list of people I've harmed, first I have to define "harmed".  Then, before I can become willing to make amends, first I must define "amends".  I shared these two thoughts and then, of course, stressed the importance of working these steps with a sponsor who can be objective.  Left to my own thinking, I may think I've never harmed anyone or that I have harmed everyone with whom I've ever come into contact.  I need my sponsors' guidance on this.

for the wisdom of folks who have been there and done that

that I watched the movie "Tora, Tora, Tora!" last night.  It's been many years since I've seen it and I really enjoy the film.  This Saturday, I plan on going to see the new movie "The Iron Lady" with some movie-buff recovery friends.


The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
- Samuel Johnson

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I never need a sponsor so much as I do when I am at steps 8 & 9. I have learned this the hard way.

Syd said...

I will be grateful for the rest of my life for my sponsor who first guided me through the steps. I learned so much.