Monday, January 23, 2012

Going my way?



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I got to hear one of my favorite recovery speakers on Saturday.  He has a way of relating his story of alcoholism in a funny, entertaining and very, very real way.  It was the 3rd or 4th time I've had this opportunity and it is still fresh.

that I can find ways to carry the message just by being present

that I own fewer resentments than ever

for the incredible, life-long efforts of Jane Goodall (seen on 60 Minutes last night)

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
- Winston Churchill

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Sitting down and listening is my challenge.

Syd said...

Jane Goodall is a great person. I can remember reading of her in National Geographic. A life long commitment.