A few days ago, Mary Christine at BEING SOBER (see the link on my sidebar) chose me as someone she'd like to give this in-house blogger award. I'm supposed to list 7 things about me that I have not yet revealed. There's a link on my sidebar called "100 things about me" that I wrote many years ago when I began this blog. I don't know what I can add to that. I'm also supposed to tag 3 others to do the same.
I'll try to find those 7 things and list them here, but I'm not gonna tag anyone. If you'd like to make such a list for yourself, go for it.
OK. Let's see what comes out ...........
1. I'm a car afficionado. Since I was a small child I've loved cars. Now, at 57, I have 4 cars, 2 of them so-called collector cars. I occasionally enter them in car shows.
2. I've always collected things. Nothing big. Nothing important. Just things.
3. I'm afraid of heights in some cases. But I've flown in many helicopters and even sky-dived with no fear at all. That seems kinda weird to me.
4. I'm a weather watcher. I actually understand how weather systems work.
5. I don't need an alarm clock. I've always been an early riser, even when I drank to oblivion the night before.
6. Sometimes I have a need to be in the middle of things. Other times, I'd prefer to just be in the background. This seems to work well for me as a recovering alcoholic.
7. I enjoy working in my yard. Raking leaves and pulling weeds. Keeping the grass trimmed and neat. Pulling weeds? You gotta be kidding!
note: I attended the Houston Texans playoff games yesterday and was one of over 71,000 fans on hand. It was a great experience. (we won)