Wednesday, January 18, 2012

moving right along ...



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I am what I am.  If I were any different, I wouldn't be me. (huh?)

for the help that comes my way when I'm able to lower my defenses

for the story from the Big Book, titled "Acceptance Was the Answer."  I know some of you have met and listened to the author of this story.  Maybe I will have that privilege someday too.  His story is chocked full of wisdom. 
Here's a favorite quote ...

"For years I was sure the worst thing that could happen to a nice guy like me would be that I would turn out to be an alcoholic.  Today I find it's the best thing that has ever happened to me.  This proves I  don't know what's good for me.  And if I don't know what's good for me, then I don't know what's good or bad for you or for anyone. So I'm better off if I don't give advice, don't figure I know what's best, and just accept life on life's terms, as it is today."


that I have jury duty today

Laugh when you can,
apologize when you should,
and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
- Anonymous

4 comments:

Pammie said...

I would love jury duty today.

Mary Christine said...

If you laugh a lot during jury selection, I bet you won't have to serve on a jury.

But seriously, I think serving on a jury is a great honor.

JeremyRT said...

LOVE the entry today, CHOCK full of things I need to read/hear

Good Luck today - I enjoyed jury duty it was fascinating

Syd said...

I don't know if I'm better off having been subjected to the effects of alcoholism, but I am a better person today than I was years ago. That means something.