Monday, August 20, 2012

back to (part-time) work




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I enjoy being a sober man, especially at my age

that my expectations are generally pretty low.  However, my home life seems to be a different story frequently.  My home life is pretty much the only part of my life where it's difficult to practice spiritual principles.  I'm certainly better than I used to be, but I have a lifetime of progress (hopefully) in front of me.

for step 10 and the inclusion of the word "promptly"

that we got some much needed rain over the weekend

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
~~ Mark Twain

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Have a great day today!

Syd said...

Living with others can be the difficult part.