Tuesday, August 07, 2012

reminders




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I'd rather be on the roller coaster of recovery than the merry-go-round of active addiction

as I read Chapter One in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions with a sponsee, I was reminded of my bottom.  I know that it was my bottom.  I could not go lower than that without dying.  Hitting that bottom ensures me that I was/am willing to do whatever it takes to stay sober.  I can only wish the same for others.  Only time will tell.

that I'm not comfortable with little white lies.  I know many people who use these often.  When I hear them, I don't like it.  But another program has taught me to let those feelings go.  I don't need to tell other people how to run their lives.  Whew!


Happiness is a choice. Your circumstance can affect it, but you're still the one who decides your happiness.
~ unknown

4 comments:

Pammie said...

I was sober a long ass time before I learned that I didn't need to tell others how to run their lives. You're ahead of me sugar.

Mary Christine said...

I love that first pic of Michael Phelps!

I wish my boss would go to alanon - she is very busy running the entire universe - and its a big job because according to her everyone is STUPID!

Thank God I don't have to live that way. I have truly found the easier softer way.

SoberMomWrites said...

I'm learning, very slowly, that's it's really not my job to run everyone's life...and, like you, that's a huge relief!

Sherry

Syd said...

My favorite saying is: "It's none of my business.".

Yeah to Michael Phelps.