Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The leak

downspout


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I'm changing (again) and I have no idea why.  I'm 58 years old, why do I have to keep changing?  Of course, in some ways, I'm probably about 25 years old emotionally.  This may be the biggest negative consequence of my 33 years of drinking.  When I started drinking, I stopped developing emotionally.

that there are a few issues about which I'm very passionate, but I don't write about them here.  One of those is presently happening in my life and it's quite disturbing.  I'm in a position to make a difference and fully intend to do so.  Uncomfortable?  Yes.  Necessary for me to do?  Yes.

I'm also grateful for the people in my life who have fallen by the wayside.  I'm talking about those who have just disappeared (not by dying).  They are some of my greatest teachers.

for the advanced technology that allows weather forecasters to give us ample warning (usually) about hurricanes.  It will get better as time marches on.


Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
- George S. Patton

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I'm so nosy.... I want to know what's going on in your life.

Syd said...

I don't write much about some of the things that I have strong opinions about. I leave that out, for the most part, on my blog.