Tuesday, October 30, 2012

another new experience




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I had the honor of doing something unique last night.  I was asked to chair an AA meeting which is 3 hours long.  It consisted of qualifying myself followed by some interactive instruction of the first 3 steps.  My audience was 32 men who are fresh out of rehab and back out amongst the population.  almost all were on parole or probation, from alcohol and drug use to assault and robbery.

I prepared by making copies of material I use to work with sponsees.  Mainly questions designed to make one think.  I think it went well.  As far as I know, none of us had anything to drink for that whole 3 hours, except water.

I continue to experience new things as a sober man.


Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished.  If you're alive, it isn't. 
~Richard Bach

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great meeting - good on ya.

Syd said...

Sounds great. I was a speaker at a meeting nearby. I had a good experience too.