Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Things that go unnoticed

Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the little things that are part of life every day that go unnoticed.  Things I take for granted, like ...

hot water and other plumbing
electricity
a working automobile
money to buy gasoline
food and the money to buy it


Happiness is always a by-product.  It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular.  But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness. 
~Robertson Davies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the quote.

I have a friend I used to call when I was upset. I thought he would beat someone up for me. Instead he would ask "Are you warm?" "Are you hungry?" "Do you have a roof over your head?" And then I got the idea.

Syd said...

The needs versus the wants. I hear ya.