Thursday, October 25, 2012

Serious?

for Syd


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the slow changes that take place in me.  Sometimes, they are very apparent, sometimes I don't notice when they're happening.  And they run the gamut -- physical changes, mental and emotional changes and most of all, spiritual change.

that I really enjoy learning, but only stuff that interests me.  I must work on this.

for humor in sobriety/recovery.  Tradition 4 in the Twelve and Twelve reminds us not to takes ourselves too damn seriously.  However, I take my sobriety very, very serious.  Just not myself.

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.
 ~Doug Larson

3 comments:

onesobercatholic said...

I have a habit of taking myself too seriously. I had to tell myself yesterday to "Knock it off!"

Abdul Mobin said...

Hi, This is attractive picture. also natural. go on with and give us more and more.
best travel spots

Syd said...

Wow--that is one ugly ship. Looks like something that would come out of Miami.