Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Bye bye National League


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the concept of a long, slow recovery

that the principles I am learning to practice in recovery apply to life.  All of it.

today is the end of the season and the end of a 51-year era for my beloved Houston Astros.  I've been an avid fan for most of those years, certainly since 1967.  This was their worst-ever season and next year they move to the American League.  They will be changing their look and logo and uniforms.  They are a young team in the middle of rebuilding.  They will have a new manager who has yet to manage in the big leagues.  But I tell you this from the bottom of my heart -- they're my team -- no matter what.

"Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."
-- Yogi Berra

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Loyalty is a wonderful, albeit rare, trait. Good for you!

Syd said...

I love your love of your team.