Thursday, June 15, 2006

Friends (not the ones on TV)

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my Mom keeps trying to communicate through her writing, regardless of the difficulty

to see, and hear, a lot of determination from a number of friends, new in recovery

for honesty from others which helps keep me honest

for all the compassion for a friend who relapsed, but returned quickly

for the opportunity to hear some of the experiences of my sponsor at an AA speaker meeting

that my friend Justin will be in town next week

for progress on my rear patio as it becomes my own personal rain forest

that TS Alberto didn't do too much damage

that The Astros have won 7 of their last 8 games

Friends are like melons.
Shall I tell you why?
To find a good one,
you must a hundred try.
-Claude Mermet

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the rainforest sounds great~

jake said...

I am delighted to learn that you are stayin' sober one day at a time....each day is brand new, and yes, thus a newcomer.... you are a valuable asset to our community....Through your daily trudge and your willingness to honestly share about it You're helping me stay sober.....Let your Mom know that I wish her the best....she is part of us as well....

Scott W said...

One in a hundred, that's small odds.

Daily Piglet said...

Forgive me, who are the Astros?