Tuesday, May 19, 2009

a bit lethargic



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that we had a first-time newcomer at the noon AA meeting yesterday -- he was very receptive and seemed to take it all in quite well

to see more clearly how unmanageable my life was for so many years

for the feeling that I'm just kinda going through the motions the past few days -- it's an odd feeling for me; nothing real good, nothing particularly bad

that most of the good things in my life require very little of my own willpower, but they do require my participation


The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
- Chinese proverb

11 comments:

steveroni said...

Always is a joy to see a new person's eyes light up. One thing I remember about my first meeting--they complimented me on my attentiveness.

I had pretended I heard ever word. And heard none. I pretended I wanted to be there. I did not. Boy, I had them fooled -grin! Hmmmmm?

Pammie said...

hi darlin'.

Scott W said...

That middle of the road feeling can be uncomfortable. We aren't using anything to alter our feelings. It will pass soon, but it will probably not make any noise when it does.

Mary Christine said...

Have a happy Tuesday Daave.

Bill said...

If you really are feeling lethargic today, it's because of all the food Scott ate yesterday.

Ed G. said...

I've learned that sometimes my feelings lie to me - I've learned that constant excitement is not my friend...

Best wishes whatever your moods...

Syd said...

I'm lethargic too, but it has to do with lack of sleep and needing some rest.

Findon said...

Love the proverb and the cartoon.

Scott W said...

I don't have to eat that way today.

Patrick said...

I am lethargic but it is almost bedtime.

ONWARD to Wednesday!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that last quote.