Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The miracle continues



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a sustained increase in attendance at our (formerly) small 6:30am Eyes Wide Shut group. For years, we drew an average of about 8-10 members. For the past 2 months that number has doubled and we've had over 20 a number of times.

for a reminder that I should never give up 5 minutes before the miracle happens. I almost did this in 2003 when I was about to give up on getting sober. My miracle happened. Very unexpectedly. The miracle continues to this day.

for an awesome concept of a power greater than myself. I don't attempt to define it because I would only limit it, but I know it's there.

for a lovely hour-and-a-half drive to my sister's home yesterday with my partner. She's a fabulous cook and we relaxed and chatted over lunch before sharing a few holiday presents. Since our mom died in August 2008, we don't see much of each other but we will always be close. She's an untreated heavy drinker but seems to be pretty much in control of her actions these days.


There is a road from the eye to heart that does not go through the intellect.
- Gilbert K. Chesterton

4 comments:

Syd said...

I am glad that the miracle continues in your life.

JeremyRT said...

I adore that quote, and thank you for the reminder about miracles

JubilantOne said...

Oooh, I want to start an early-morning meeting in my area! I'm afraid to ask...

Anonymous said...

I know that miracle too, Dave.