Thursday, October 18, 2007

hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy

My first bathroom remodelling project is finally complete after 7 weeks.
Click on the picture for a slideshow. It's a small bathroom, only 5'X7', so take that into account. It was difficult to get good pictures without a special lens.

HERE is the HNT website


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for my Mom -- she is bed-ridden and cannot speak or walk (due to a stroke). She barely has the strength to write and can only make a few illegible scratches on paper. Yesterday I spent about an hour trying to decipher some marks on a piece of paper. Finally, I figured it out. She was trying to spell "book" and wanted me to read Joel Osteen's new book to her. She saw it on TV and knew about it from that media. Once I knew what she wanted, we both laughed about the difficulty in our communication. We go through this almost every week.

that often I don't have a clue about the next right thing to do, but I almost always know the next wrong thing to do

that I have always had enough to eat and a place to sleep

that, as a recovering alcoholic, I will always have a place to go, wherever I am

that the bathroom you may have looked at (above) is finally done; one more to go

Humor is tragedy plus time.
-- Mark Twain

8 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I love when you talk about your mom... the love just pops right out of the page. You are a good son Daave.

Also LOVE the color of the bathroom!

Pammie said...

1st...love love love the new bathroom darlin'!
2nd...What a great idea your Mom had about you reading the book to her. It will make your visits so much richer, and really give her something to look forward to.

Scott W said...

The bathroom looks great, I will see it soon. Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday, I was runnin' outta time.

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,
I am so glad that you were able to find out what your Mother was wanting. God Bless you both ! It is fantastic that you two were able to find humor in the guessing and eventual thought she was sending.

That warmed my heart, I can just see you and Pat doing the notes and trying to understand. It's wonderful that you can give her such a small pleasure. You are both in my heart !

I really like the "Art Deco" bathroom. Amazing, the transformation. Enjoy !!

Love you

Syd said...

Hearing about your mother made me smile and feel the loss of mine. You are a good son--I can feel that.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Love to your Mom, and congrats on the bathroom!

piglet said...

sending love and joyful thoughts your way for you and your mom.

that bathroom is gorgeous! i love the tiles and colors! beautiful, very very nice daave!

Anonymous said...

your bathroom looks good.