Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Spiritual Awakening

"Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

The joy of living is the theme of A.A.'s Twelfth Step,
and action is its key word.

When a man or a woman has a spiritual awakening, the most important meaning of it is that he has now become able to do, feel, and believe that which he could not do before on his unaided strength and resources alone.

We may often pass through Twelfth Step experiences where we will seem to be temporarily off the beam. These will appear as big setbacks at the time, but will be seen later as stepping-stones to better things.

All of the above sentences are from Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, Step Twelve.

I'm just reminding myself of what they have to say.

4 comments:

Scott W said...

What are you hearing?

Scott M. Frey said...

thanks for the reminder of what they say...

Mary Christine said...

Daave, I don't care what you say - you ARE the sweetest thing ever!

Kathrin Ivanovic said...

I think you misunderstood me. I am not talking to my ex about my issues. I ran into her for the first time yesterday - its been months. We exchanged 2 words.

Im not sure how the confusion occured, but I am probably not making much sense....so yeah!

Have a good day!
K.