Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hump Day

HUMILITY

"We grow small trying to be great." -- E. Stanley Jones

"I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps." -- Mahatma Gandhi

"If we become increasingly humble about how little we know, we may be more eager to search." -- Sir John Templeton

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that when I type my gratitude list, I have the keys to happiness at my fingertips

that one of the best methods for me to get out of my head is to speak with a newcomer or someone who has recently relapsed

for a reminder that if I am to have any chance of becoming anything close to a useful human being, I must maintain a conscious contact with my Higher Power

that my only real problems today are the ones I create in my head, which in turn, means they aren't real problems anyway

for a new topic on SOBRIETY SOCIETY -- drop in and leave a comment

that tomorrow is hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy, cameras out please

"You can accomplish anything in life, provided that you do not mind who gets the credit."
-- Harry S. Truman





8 comments:

Pammie said...

Hi Dave. Most of my problems are in my head also....sometimes they spill out and cause a mess!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

"The keys to happiness" ... I love that!!

Mary Christine said...

Good Morning my friend Daave.

Scott W said...

There are many reasons I ask my Higher Power to redirect my thoughts daily.

peanut said...

Good morning, dAAve.

I love you.

I am humbled by you friendship and love for me. Thank you.

Unknown said...

I'm always greatful for you!

Sober @ Sundown said...

Hi dAAve,

Nice quotes!

Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, maybe i should try this 'sobriety society'....