Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th










random pictures shot this week of the new house

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I gain a little bit of strength each time I am around recovering alcoholics

that Mom seems to be as comfortable as possible, although her pressure ulcers (bed sores) are very nasty

that I will probably make it through another Friday the 13th without running into Jason

that it's Gay Pride month and I'm proud to be gay

that in Connecticut, it's OK to act like Miss Thing (click here)


COMMITMENT

"Never give in! Never give in! Never, never, never. Never…in anything great or small, large or petty -- never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."
-- Sir Winston Churchill

"If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then start to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking."
-- Lou Holtz

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
-- Dale Carnegie

"If your energy is as boundless as your ambition, total commitment may be a way of life you should seriously consider."
-- Joyce Brothers

10 comments:

Pammie said...

Love the Pics! How beautiful!!!
I too, am proud to be gay.
Oh...wait..I'm not gay.
But I'm happy...does that count?

Mary Christine said...

I love the pictures too!

And I thought the first quote was from "miss thing", probably accompanied by finger snapping!

Bill said...

It's nice to be free of superstition on Friday the 13th.

Thanks for the pictures of the new home!

Shannon said...

yea I am with ya on Friday the 13th so what hhahaha I just titled my new post that..
anyways love all the quotes today daave...
have a great day

Tabitha.Montgomery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zanejabbers said...

Good for Miss Thing. I was a total flamer in the 60's with a teased flip and swept bangs with a rhinestone studded bow in the front. However, I cleaned up well for work. Notice I did not say butched itup.
I love todays qootes. But then I always do.

Syd said...

"Never give up the ship, unless you hit an iceberg."--Syd

Have a great weekend!

Trailboss said...

Zane my man, I can only imagine you in the 60's w/that Mae West flair......priceless. Although Merna Turner would be hard to beat...........'snap snap snap snap'

JJ said...

You have a new house? Congratulations.
I miss you Dave.

Anonymous said...

good for miss thing. that story was funny.