Monday, June 30, 2008

On a Monday morning ...




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that you made it through another weekend and can read this

that my Mom is still hanging in, although each time I see her, she seems weaker and less connected

for a very nice weekend, punctuated by the Houston Gay Pride Parade and Scott W's 54th birthday. I was particularly impressed by the Houston Police Dept.'s Horse Battalion and their crowd control skills. As a driver of a vehicle in that parade with 200K+ revelers (many drunk ones included), there were many instances of people rushing our car to get beads or just embrace Mr or Ms Lambda.

for so many opportunities to do the next right thing

that I recognized a boundary when it was crossed, then took the necessary action to protect myself

Don't worry that children never listen to you. Worry that they are always watching you.
-Robert Fulghum

7 comments:

Trudging said...

Dave, thanks for the Robert Fulghum quote. I really needed to be reminded of that this morning. Thanks for just being yourself.

Bill said...

What an honor to drive a vehicle in the Houston Gay Pride Parade representing TLC! I'll have to watch you carefully. You must be doing something right.

Scott W said...

I got the card right before the rain! Thanks!

Shannon said...

Good Morning and its MONDAY! Sounds like you had a great weekend!
I dig the quote and yea boundries are tough when people done respect them, then we have to take care of us... good job

Syd said...

I'm reminded a lot of how I can broach boundaries. And from that I've learned how to establish mine.

Mary Christine said...

That's a lovely photo there Daave.

Zanejabbers said...

Saturday Night was exhilarating. That's three years in a row for us.