Thursday, June 19, 2008

tray tables in the upright position





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I didn't drink yesterday and have no desire to do so today

for the experience, strength and hope from fellow alkies at every AA meeting I attend

for this post

for some good progress on the house yesterday -- rain gutters installed as well as the wrought-iron stair railings, stain work on all cabinets continues and tile laying preparation underway

A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.
-William A. Ward

13 comments:

Pammie said...

I'm glad you're sober one more day too. I'd hate to have to come find you and kick your ass...I'm willing and capable of doing so, but I'm not sure where your new place is. I suppose I could just drive around with the picture you posted of the outside last week, and look for frustrated tile installers.

molly said...

hiya - love the bunny pic.. i got a chuckle out of your "human units" comment on my post - a sort of beavis/butthead moment.

Mary Christine said...

Good morning Daave.

Scott W said...

Hey, Pam, I know where it is.

indistinct said...

Building a home must be quite the journey.

One Drunk to Another said...

Mornin, Daave. You just doubled traffic on my site. LOL! Thanks, though, for linking over.

peanut said...

the picture was sooooo cute !
hang in there.
love you

Recovery Road London said...

It rains in Texas?!

Zanejabbers said...

You are here to stay. We won't have it any other way. It is very good to have a sober smartass in the group. Luv Ya.

Bill said...

That would be a good name for a group meeting:
Sober Smartasses

Scott M. Frey said...

hi dAAve... thanks for stopping by and for your wise words... made it to home group last nite :-) I know what side of the bread my butter is on

peace to you, my friend

Trailboss said...

Hi Dave!

Syd said...

Glad that things are progressing on the house.