Thursday, June 05, 2008

Onward



Nominated as best short joke this year.

A 3-year-old boy examined his testicles while taking a bath. "Mom", he asked, "Are these my brains?"

"Not yet," she replied.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the simple and indisputable fact that today, I am sober!

to get phone calls from new friends who are trying to stay sober for a day

that random events seem to happen each day

that I slept so late yesterday morning (until 8:30am)

for some good progress on the new house

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.
-William Jennings Bryan

8 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Glad you unmelted. Have a solid day.

Scott W said...

...One ringy dingy...

Pammie said...

People trying to get and stay sober seem to be the only phone calls I get these days. I'm OK with that.

Bill said...

Give me a ring when you need help unpacking at the new place.

Dharma Kelleher said...

I'm grateful I found my way back to your blog. Ahhhhhh.....gratitude is contagious.

Peace out,
Dharma

Syd said...

Sleeping in is a good thing. Wish that I got to do it more than just on the weekends.

Zanejabbers said...

Your list is superb. Especially the progress on the new house.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

omg..that's too weird..I slept in till 8:30am today!

Randomness is life....I am learning to just roll with it and learn with it..not fearing it but really finding it interesting ;)

xo