Friday, June 27, 2008

Pride & Awareness



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I KNOW I must practice Step 6 throughout every day

that I am aware of so many more things around me these days

that I am driving the convertible with Mr & Miss Lambda Center in the Gay Pride Parade tomorrow night; there are typically 200K-300K people (many straight families) lining the parade route

for another (hopefully) productive meeting with the builder/contractor of the new house. I called my builder's agent a f_ _ king cu_ t and had to make a little apology. I won't call him that again (even though it's a very apt description). LOL

that I'm not in denial (I don't think)

that I'm attending the Astros-Red Sox baseball game tonight; it's the first ever meeting between those 2 teams. Last night, I called our friend JJ (click here) to let her know I would be there. I'll wave at ya, JJ!!

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
-Hodding Carter

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun at the game!

Bill said...

It's probably okay that you called the agent a f__king cu_t as long as you didn't fill in the blanks. I think I'd be fine if someone called me F King Cut.

The parade sounds like fun!!! Are you going to throw candy to the kids? Or little airline bottles of booze?

Hang in there, kiddo! You'll be in your new home soon.

Scott W said...

Careful, the Supreme Court knocked down the hand gun ban.

molly said...

oooohhh i know you DIDN'T call her that!? u funny

enjoy your weekend!

Mike said...

Have a good day... I mean it.

Shannon said...

LMAO DAAVID!!!! oh well.. sometimes things just slip out... and you make amends and move on!
I am with ya on practicing step 6 daily happy friday have fun this weekend sounds like you are going to

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

I know our mild-mannered Dave didn't go there?!

Well, the amends are the thing. I hope all is forgiven on both sides and that your home will be ready very soon.

I know you'll enjoy your Astro's game.

Love you

dAAve said...

I DID NOT make an amends to that agent. An amends means that I will do my best not to repeat that behavior. Under the same circumstances, I might repeat that comment. I only apologized for saying what I said.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Have fun at Pride. You wearing a chauffer's hat?

Syd said...

Hope that all the house issues get ironed out and you get moved in. Nothing worse than dealing with builders/contractors/real estate agents IMO.

Zanejabbers said...

And I will be right behind you in the Parade in my truck with at least 4 people in it.

Alexander said...

Hope you are having fun! It's amazing how much fun we can have....sober!

Hope you enjoy my post about Delayed Gratification!

JJ said...

I love you dAAve !