Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Every Four Years


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I took that leap of faith and surrendered my drinking to my HP --- 8 1/2 years ago

that I have so much in common with many of my friends.  We also have big differences.  But whatever those differences may be, we get along because we have a program of recovery from alcoholism.  It shows me how to be an individual amongst my fellow men.  It shows me how to live my life as a sober man.  And it helps me to live on a level playing field with the normal world (whatever that is).

that it's so much fun to be of service to others; my alternative would be to isolate.  Now I understand why they told me that isolating is one of the most selfish acts there is.


Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

3 comments:

Pammie said...

I used to know some people that had birthdays today. I no longer remember who they were or what happened to them. LOL

Syd said...

Isolation is being alone with the killer--not something that I want to do.

Mary Christine said...

You have a very good point about isolation. I am glad you make yourself available to people - like me!