Thursday, February 02, 2012

just havin' fun



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my little bout with pinkeye seems to be over.  I can resume my normal rountine.

for fun in recovery.  Without it, I might as well be drinking again.  I've begun to realize that as I practice the steps (especially step 3) I enjoy life.  When I enjoy life I have fun.  If I'm not enjoying my life, it's pretty hard to have fun.  I can have fun being by myself or with a crowd of friends in recovery.  I can have fun being in an AA or Al Anon meeting.  I can have fun listening to good music.  I can even have fun walking through Walgreen's or a grocery store or a hardware store. 
It just depends on where my head is and my perspective.

The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this way."
- Grace Hopper

3 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Hey Dave, have a fun day, OK?

ScottF said...

I had a LOT of fun partying but my fun is so much better now!

(I did as you suggested, thanks dAAve!)

Syd said...

I like that you enjoy having fun. I do too. I much prefer laughing and having a good time to being all serious.